Wednesday, April 16, 2008


"Like Once I Dreamt"

Don’t go looking for me on foreign margins
Or on sheets of my words
Or even in rooms of desire and indoctrinated love.
Don’t go pursuing me in places unknown
By my fingerprints and dry ink
Or by my visage and scented view.
I have far traveled, my lady;
I have sunk behind the horizon of finding,
Beneath the sea of knowingness,
Beyond the bashful blue moon.
I have found new company and new lands
To warm my aching dreams
Of once being with you.
Don’t travel space and crazy distance
To pursue my trace
In busy airports and forsaken luggage
For I have flown, my darling,
To realms unspotted and never found.
Don’t go turning every stone and every sound
Of uttered syllables to find my voice.
I have abdicated purposeful language
And drank all the spirits of words
From bottomless glasses of boundless oblivion.
Don’t throw on a garment and rush
To discover me in neighborhoods
Of hazy entangled alleys and markets.
I have disappeared, my love;
I am gone; gone beyond return,
Beyond capture or sweet uncovering.
I am now dancing with spiritual company,
With dogwood fairies and prairies
Like once I dreamt I would with you

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your poem is beautifully sad and sadly beautiful, it truly and deeply touches me, perhaps because I think I understand - at least just a little ..

' I am gone; gone beyond return,
Beyond capture or sweet uncovering.
I am now dancing with spiritual company,
With dogwood fairies and prairies
Like once I dreamt I would with you '

There's something or someone in the past that or who haunts probably each and every one of us, takes us into the future with fragments missing from the being. No matter what we do today or tomorrow, completion has a chip somewhere on its corner. 'Tis more than sad .. but, maybe we need to remember that when each dawn rises to colour the hours ahead, hope becomes more beautiful.

Sea lover.

5:32 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Free Ringtones - Ventones